Monday, January 30, 2012

Whew!! What a month!! Sorry I have not posted lately, I have been pretty busy crafting, working, dieting, exercising, dancing, and many other things!

So, I have just finished up my first month at Craftster! I would love for you to check out the items that I was sent by the beautiful Leslie and then I will show you the items that I sent her!

This particular swap included the pattern for a morsbag, which is a "simple" tote.  I put that in quotes because I'm sure for a seasoned seamstress it is, but it was challenging for me who is very new to sewing!  In addition to the morsbag we also included some extras!

Without further ado, here are my beautiful gifts from Leslie!


Here is the morsbag she made me....how perfect!! I LOVE RUFFLES!!!  It also has a zippered pouch sewn in to the inside.  


Leslie also made me this beautiful zippered bag (I've got to learn how to put zippers in!).  I would love to use it for pens in my work bag or for makeup, but it is just so pretty I don't want to mess it up!!


Here are two amazing fabric baskets that she made me.  I am in love.  These are so neato.  We are also *hopefully* having a swap this month that are making these! I need to step up my sewing skills for this one!!


Last but not least.....CHOCOLATE!!!!

How cool.  I just loved being on the receiving end of this gift!!  It took me a lot longer to craft for her...but she finally got her package today in the mail!!  Silly me, I forgot to take pictures before I sent, so I hope she doesn't mind me using her pictures to show off on my blog!


Here are the contents of the package I sent to her!!  You can see the morsbag I made for her! So proud...second bag I have ever made in my life!  I also made her a heating pad from fleece and rice so she can just pop it in the oven for 2 minutes and have soothing moist heat!! I also embossed a few gift tags with some springtime colors to remind her that Spring is coming!


I also knitted her up a pair of finger-less gloves!  I got the pattern from a magazine that my good friend E got me for Christmas!  I loved making them for her because I knew she wasn't a knitter! These were pretty quick to knit up, but they are why I didn't get my package out to her very quickly! 


Since everyone needs a secret 'stache that is only theirs, I got Leslie some Valentines-y chocolates and sent them her way!  


I am SO thankful to Leslie for introducing me to Craftster!!  What an amazing group of crafters from all over the world.  I have just started my next swap which is all about favorite colors.  My partner's favorite color is purple, so I have been making purple items for her!!  I am hoping to finish up and send to her soon, and then I will blog about those!! 

Hope you enjoyed!


1 comments:

Leslie Andersen said...

Thanks again for the fabulous package, Suzy! Everything is so great! I'm so glad you now share my enthusiasm for Craftster! Swapping is so fun, it's like having your birthday come many times a year!

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010 unRuffled.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.