Tuesday, September 13, 2011

When I was younger, my mom surprised me with a bedroom makeover.  Part of the makeover was painting the mirror in my room from white to orange.  I absolutely loved it, and it came with me to my condo through college.  It matched perfectly with all of the orange decorations in my condo, and of course the two walls I painted orange (much to my dads dismay).  It is a great mirror, and I decided it would be perfect to put over our mantle in the living room (since there wasn't anything there yet).  However, the orange just didn't fit in with the rest of the decor, and I'm pretty sure Tim doesn't like orange as much as I do!


Here is the pretty orange before I started painting.  I'm not going to lie, I was sad to see it go.  But I was excited about the new color.  Instead of buying a huge amount of paint, I opted to buy one of the sample sized paints and see how far it went.  I actually used only half of it, and it only cost me $2.50.  The color that I chose was closer to a red that is in the area rug in the living room.  


It now is hanging above our mantle with some of my favorite little items.  The crystal vase and the couple in an embrace were both wedding presents.  The little angel playing the flute was a Christmas present from my mom.  I used to play flute all the time so that really meant a lot to me.  The statues are both made by the same people and are called WillowTree.  


To the left of the mirror sit my little collection of owls.  I started liking owls when I joined my sorority, Chi Omega.  They really have a lot of meaning behind them, and even though I am not involved much in my sorority anymore, I still like the owl!  The big one is a find from Hobby Lobby, the multi-color one is a gift from my mom from her trip to New Orleans, and the stone owl is from my good friend M from when she went on a cruise.  The vases say laugh and hope, which are always good reminders.  


Here is the finished project!!  I think it came together very well, and there is finally something covering all of that blank wall!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010 unRuffled.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.