Monday, August 27, 2012

65 seconds.  Doesn't seem like a very long time, huh?  Just a blink of an eye.

Except when your uterus is contracting during this cute little thing called Braxton Hicks.

And they can leave me alone!!

This week brings the joys of runs of Braxton Hicks contractions.  Sometimes at work, sometimes in the middle of the night.

But really, that is the only bad symptom (besides occasional vomiting and continual acid reflux) that I seem to be having now!

This is a super duper major improvement on all of my previous weeks of pregnancy! Go team.

Here is a picture of cute little baby boy!  He is growing, moving, and grooving!!


Excuse the face.  This is what it looks like when you only sleep for two hours.  I hate Sunday nights/Monday mornings and cant sleep knowing Tim is going to be leaving.  But he is in his 5th week.  Including this one, we only have 8 weeks left before he is home full time!  Can't wait to have my handsome firefighter home! We've got a baby to prepare for :)

Speaking of preparing, the nursery is making lots of progress!!

Last week my parents were awesome enough to come over and help me paint.  Even though I got low odor/low VOC paint, it was still really strong smelling in there and I had to take a LOT of breaks.  But it is all painted and looking great!!

I also got the crib all put together to surprise Tim when he got home this past weekend.  I wanted him to get an idea of what it will look like all finished!

Look who else thinks the crib is awesome...


Macy!  She loves being in the nursery!  Since we moved in to the house over a year ago, she has never been in the room (it has been used as a catch all for things we didn't unpack...).  Cruz also spent some time in the nursery and did great!  We are trying to get them used to all of the new baby items and teaching them they aren't toys.

Another thing that happened was on Sunday we got the new recliner for the nursery!!  I debated a long time about what kind of chair to get.  Do we get a rocker? glider? etc.  We decided to go with a brand new recliner.  Since we plan to have baby sleep in his own room from day one, I knew we were going to need a nice place to sit during late night feedings.  This one ended up being perfect!


This is called the Wyatt Glider/Recliner, and we got it from Haverty's in Little Rock.  It is so comfy, both Tim and I love it!!

See those little pillows?  Yupp, I stitched those up the other night!  I loved the fabric, and only having 1/2 yard of it ended up being the perfect amount to make these two.  A long time ago I picked up some pillows from Good Will that happened to be on sale for $1 each.  They had old retro ruffled pink covers on them, but I knew the forms inside had to be in great shape.  Totally worth it!

Today I had lunch with my In-laws, and after headed over to Hobby Lobby to get a little bit of Minky fabric.  Have you ever tried to cut/measure/sew with minky??  Man, let me tell you, I won't be doing it again.  But, I did take about an hour to make this cute cotton and minky blanket for baby!


So, remember the inspiration picture I shared last week?  See the colors starting to come together?  See the yellow and the navy blue?  It is such a fun color combination!!  The navy really helps make the yellow on the walls pop.

This afternoon I worked on making all of the ties to go in the corners of the bumpers.  So those are done and ready to be sewn on!  I've got to measure and cut all of the fabric for the bumpers and I will get sewing.  I'm trying to get those done, because the fabric for the curtains should be delivered to my house tomorrow.

I will keep posting pictures as things get checked off my to-do list!  Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Holly Young said...

wow, you've been through a lot of symptoms with this pregnancy! I didn't have braxton hicks contractions until right before I was due, and never had any morning sickness at all. It is really great feeling the baby move though, isn't it?
I love your recliner! It looks so comfortable! Your pillow look great on it! The blanket you made looks so soft! Everything is coming right along for you! Can't wait to see the finished nursery.
Also, thank you so much for the sweet comment you made on my blog - it's had me smiling all day long!

Christine said...

You look great! The nursery is looking super cute. I sympathize with you with the minky. It is really a bear to sew with. I've used it to back a few quilts that I ended up tying because I gave up on quilting them. Can't wait to see the finished room!!! ~Christine

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2010 unRuffled.

Theme by WordpressCenter.com.
Blogger Template by Beta Templates.